Monday, April 9, 2018

Moses supposes his toeses are roses

We were sad to hear the news that we couldn't wear flip flops anymore, especially when I have an injured toe (that refuses to heal) but were then pleased to hear that Jesus sandals are still okay hahaha.  Apparently it's because our mission presidents wife just loves how missionaries look in Jesus sandals hahaha!  The Fox's are great people.

This week was cool, not a whole ton of news.  I'm starting to feel the reality of going home in a few months but I won't let it get to me!  I am going to miss Polynesia so much. 

I really just want to help our investigators make a change in their lives.  They've already made so much progress but sometimes life is difficult.  PRAY FOR THESE PEOPLE I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

Things at Bora are great.  It's pretty strange to be living with only Americans, in fact all 6 of the elders on Bora are from the US.  In some ways it's fun but I do miss the french/ tahitian/ mauri etc influences. 

I know I say it like every week, but man am I grateful for the Savior and His Gospel.  It just makes everyone so happy.  I wish I was a better person/ missionary, and I still have so so many faults and things I need to work on but I know that thanks to repentance and faith I can keep getting better.  That's the beauty of the Gospel.  We can leave behind us ALL of our stupid mistakes and bad qualities and life just gets better and better.  And if we mess up, WE CAN TRY AGAIN!!  God will never give up on us.  Just keep trying and I promise things work out.  It's usually after our biggest trials that the biggest blessings come rushing around the corner.

I love all you guys so much and I can't wait to see you all.  Sometimes I think about how great it will be to see you and give you all a big hug.  And then I remember I need to get back to work haha.

ALL THE LOVES!!

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment