Monday, August 14, 2017

Crazy! - Papeete

This week was nuts.  

Well, we had an awesome p day last week, we drove to the other side of the island and got to see a ton of missionaries who are leaving!  Some really great friends that I'll miss for sure. We also played some football and it was slightly chilly (if that's even possible here) and there were leaves on the ground and oh boy I sure do miss autumn.  

I got sick again this week, which was a bummer, but I think I'm getting better!

So today is transfer day!  A HUGE ONE!  30 missionaries are leaving and 30 are arriving.  So pretty much everyone is changing.  Elder Hobbs is headed to a lil island, and I'm staying here in Tahiti to finish the training of Elder Coxhead!  \i'm also District leader again haha! Just a lil 9 week hiatus.  Elder Coxhead is actually the one who replaced me on Tahaa when I left!  So Elder Murdock and I are officially his step fathers.  I'm excited to work with him! He's already very humble and charitable, so I think we'll learn and have some success together.  

I am almost 1 year out!  Like this thursday the 17th.  Halfway done with my mission.  That's the biggest mixing bowl of emotions since Taylor Swift went pop. 

We've had some elders who are finishing today stay with us cause they had nowhere to lodge after they came back from the islands. It's always fun to have a big group at the house.  

I feel like I'm doin pretty well, although I still have many many faults. I know the Lord can do anything and I'm so excited to see what he has in store for me this next year.  I love you all!! The Gospel is true!

atl

Elder Jenkins

Photo sent by a nice stranger who was visiting Tahiti

No comments:

Post a Comment