Monday, August 28, 2017

Apostle>Sick - Papeete

This week was so great!  Haha unfortunately, my sickness of the past 3 weeks got worse and i had to stay home a few days and go to the doctor cause I was coughing up my lungs.  I don't think it's anything serious, and it's going away, but I've lost like 10 pounds lol.

My companion is a studly muffin and made me breakfast when I was sick.  Shoutout to Elder Coxhead

On the bright side, while I had nothing to do at home, I deep cleaned our house, and it now resembles the temple.  Mom, I've finally learned appreciation for cleaning. :)

We passed the football around last p day and it was fun to have that again.  I taught a few of the Frenchies how to toss the pigskin, since they've never played in their lives!

I absolutely love the people we teach and I love the Gospel.  I seriously don't know what my life would be like without this church and my faith in Christ.  I often try to think about the blessings I have in my life thanks to the gospel to share with our amis.  But sometimes it's hard to think of specifics cause it's just so general!  Like it changes everything.  How you look, talk, dress, eat, what you do etc.  It literally just improves every aspect of life.  It is such a blessing to be able to teach others about repentance.  How it is possible through Christ, and how it will CHANGE YOUR LIFE. 

We heard from an apostle this week!! WHAT.  That was super awesome.  Elder Stevenson talked to us about commitments and their relation to repentance, and how obedience=joy.  Which is so true.  Cause if we're obedient, God gives us a blessing!  And where does happiness come from? Blessings!  Oh how the gospel makes sense.   I hope I can keep my head focused on the right path for the rest of my life cause I know God knows best.  

I love you all, keep focused on the eternal perspective when faced with trials and temptations, above all.  
ATL

Elder Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment